I really wasn’t planning on eating anything sweet and heavy for the next two weeks since I have been squeezing a lot of cheat days in my diet already. I can feel my hips packing on the pounds and I’m not happy at all about it. I know I gained weight (again). I think have a double chin na! The horror! Obviously, I’m in constant panic when talks about weight are thrown my way.
Amid the stress that is my weight battle, I couldn’t resist the idea of having a Banapple treat to end my otherwise dull chicken and broccoli lunch.
We went to Banapple’s Ayala Triangle Gardens branch. The place was packed. There were, I think, three groups waiting to be seated. The area was pretty small for a restaurant as popular as Banapple. Luckily, we were there to buy four banoffee pies to go.
While I would like to describe how cute (small) and charming (cramped) the place is, I’ll reserve those thoughts for another entry when I get to have a proper lunch or dinner at Banapple.
Banapple’s signature banoffee pie has been known to leave you with good vibes, happy thoughts and all that warm, fuzzy feeling. Yes, like Christmas dinner on a scorching hot day. For Php95, it’s definitely worth it. Two people can easily share a slice because of how filling every bite is.
I’m not all praises though–yes I dare say something not-so-nice! 😛 While I thought the first few mouthfuls were okay, I was already feeling full halfway through my slice. By that time, I realized how really sweet the whole thing is, especially its sugar-y bottom crust.
I like the generous bananas and caramel inside the pie. The bananas were big, they didn’t feel icky to the tongue. You know how some bananas can get smushed when sandwiched between two somethings and how icky the texture’s become after that? Yes? Well expect no banana of that kind in your Banapple banoffee pie! Haha! 🙂
They have a long list of tempting desserts, more like 5-pounds-on-a-plate, I tell you! You can buy the whole pie for Php720. 🙂
Here’s the Banapple price list:
- Banoffee Pie – Php95/Php720
- Apple Caramel Crumble Pie – Php100/Php760
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie – Php95/Php720
- Fudgymudgymud Pie- Php100/Php760
- Classic Pecan Pie – Php105/Php800
- Myster-Reese’s Wicked Pie – Php105/Php800
- Jeepers Creepers Pie! – Php110/Php840
- Praline Banana Cream Pie – Php100/Php760
- Warm Shoofly Pecan Pie – Php110/Php840
- Coffee Toffee Roca Pie – Php100/Php760
- Gobblin’ Goblin’s Pie – Php110/Php840
- My Cherry Pink Crush 🙂 – Php110/Php1050
- Banana Starry-Berry Custard Cheesecake – Php120/Php1160
- Honeylovin’ Crunch Cake – Php110/Php1050
- Santa’s Chipper Chocolate Cooke Cheesecake – Php110/Php1050
- Dark Chocolate Tiramisu Cheesecake – Php110/Php1050
- White Chocolate Truffle Berry Cheesecake – Php110/Php1050
- Blueberry Cheesecake – Php100/Php950
- Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake – Php100/Php950
- Strawberry Amaretto Cheesecake – Php100/Php1050
- Two-Nut Caramel Cheesecake – Php105/Php1000
- Snicker Fudge Cheesecake – Php110/Php1050
- Cadbury Old Gold Oreo Cheesecake – Php135/Php1580
- Very Berry Custard Cake – Php100/Php1000
- Super Caramel Fudge Cake – Php100/Php950
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake – Php100/Php950
- Oreo Brownie Fudge Cheesecake – Php110/Php1050