Let’s be honest here. I know that no matter how engaged we are with our daily tasks at work, there comes a time when you just can’t handle all that stress (especially when you work with words every day) anymore.
Somewhere between that eight-hour work day, the Internet’s call for leisurely browsing overpowers my/our willpower to work. 😀 I don’t know if we share the same interests or what, but when I give in to that, here are what fill up my browser tabs. 🙂
1) Oddee – I actually discovered this at home but couldn’t resist the hilarious content they have over here. From the 10 oddest weddings to the ickiest “Asian” inventions, I often find it difficult to hit the close button when I get started on Oddee. The content is always funny, often weird and gross, but eternally entertaining.
2) Listverse – Similar to Odee, which thrives in lists and coutndowns, Listverse also packs a powerful punch in terms of eating up your time with their overwhelming collection of “lists”. Theirs, however, feature a more scholarly collection. Highly informative and enriching, I’m pretty sure this is on everyone’s bookmark tab.
3) Lamebook – So this one’s a new addition to my reading list. Although I love stumbling upon screen caps of funny Facebook fails, I don’t really bother with finding them on my own. I just wait for colleagues to send them to me. Haha. Recently though I’ve been religiously reading this site for the wackiest and craziest Facebook fails. 😀
4) Merriam Webster – Alright, you can call me a nerd now. I like learning words, ‘nuf said. 😀
5) Movie Mistakes – This site eats up so much of my time! It’s always fun pointing out mistakes. Oh, it’s our all-knowing nature breaking free. Haha.
6) JustJared – Who doesn’t love Hollywood updates? I visit this a lot for my favorite celebrities. Nevermind the “starlets” whose shows I’ve never heard of.
7) Refinery29 – I like this website a lot because it’s down to earth (if that adjective can be associated with a website, then that’s the perfect word), but still upscale. Yuu get my drift? The writing’s fun and friendly, something I really appreciate. I’ve always been fond of people who can play with words. Nevermind the trolls who keep on pointing out that sentences should be kept simple. I get that. In fact, I write that way for work. But sometimes, it’s okay to play with words. Really. 🙂
8) Tumblr – Raise your hand if you’re on Tumblr. Chances are, you are! It’s like Facebook for the cool kids. Haha.
9) Twistori – This one’s a recent find. They basically pull tweets that have the words LOVE, HATE, THINK, BELIEVE, FEEL, and WISH. It’s like a live Twitter timeline. You’ll be amazed with what people love/hate/think/believe/feel/wish. 😀
10) Post Secret – This is a long-time favorite. More than an entertainment hub, reading through the posts is like getting on board a crazy emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes I relate with the things people say–their secrets–but more often than not, I’m shocked with the weight of their secrets.
P.S. All photos link to the respective websites.